Friday, January 13, 2012

Oh, When Will You Come To Me?

Unlike the previous calls to worship with song and music and praises, this psalm is a quieter reflection on the LORD. It encourages us to wait for the LORD patiently, keeping ourselves wise and with a good heart. Wickedness is to be deplored and rejected while we wait.

Most who have heard of Jesus' teaching may consider it to be at a much higher or stricter standard than the Old Commandments. But even here in the psalms, wickedness can be considered as slandering your neighbour, having a haughty look and a proud heart, deceitful and lies.


Psalm 101
A Psalm of David.

 1 I will sing of mercy and justice;
         To You, O LORD, I will sing praises.
       
 2 I will behave wisely in a perfect way.
         Oh, when will You come to me?
         I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
       
 3 I will set nothing wicked before my eyes;
         I hate the work of those who fall away;
         It shall not cling to me.
 4 A perverse heart shall depart from me;
         I will not know wickedness.
       
 5 Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor,
         Him I will destroy;
         The one who has a haughty look and a proud heart,
         Him I will not endure.
       
 6 My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land,
         That they may dwell with me;
         He who walks in a perfect way,
         He shall serve me.
 7 He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house;
         He who tells lies shall not continue in my presence.
 8 Early I will destroy all the wicked of the land,
         That I may cut off all the evildoers from the city of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews