Sunday, September 21, 2014

You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am

John 13:13-16
You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 

Yshua is both our Lord, Teacher and Master. He does not force and control us to do His will, but let us have  our own free will. On the other hand, He is also there in our times of trouble, even if we don't welcome His presence. The role of the Teacher and Lord is together, such that we who are His disciples are required to obey Him naturally and consistently, not out of anything else but because He loved us first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews