Saturday, November 29, 2014

But by the grace of God I am what I am

1 Corinthians 5:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

There are various things that Paul said in the Scriptures that may sound arrogant. Looking closely at those statements, instead of arrogance, it is actually confidence. And instead of self-confidence those statements are a reflection of his confidence in God. The thing to be most confident about is salvation and the fact that it is purely through grace. As Paul said, this is important for two reasons, so that no one can boast that they are good enough so they earned their salvation, also a gratitude towards God that it is given to us knowing that there is no way we can achieve that on our own. So we can claim confidently that we are saved and that we can do all things through Christ Yshua.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews