Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lord, My Heart is Not Haughty


A simple psalm in hope and submission to the LORD. The first verse may express abandoning ambitions and stature which the worldly view craves for. It also shows a humble intellect in not worrying about matters too complex to solve or understand. Perhaps one example is world hunger - a problem which is confronting but too massive to be solved by anyone or organization alone. Yet we still help in any small way that we can.

The second verse reveals the inner peace as a result of putting our trust in God. He compares it with a child who is weaned yet at peace with his mother. The final verse is a simple but powerful call for Israel to continue to trust and hope in the LORD forever.


Psalm 131
Simple Trust in the Lord
A Song of Ascents. Of David.

1 Lord, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.
Neither do I concern myself with great matters,
Nor with things too profound for me.

2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me.

3 O Israel, hope in the Lord
From this time forth and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews