Saturday, December 13, 2014

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

The God of Israel is the God of peace, shalom. He is not one who deliberately brings trouble. It is said that He does allow trouble to come to us for many reasons, such as testing, building character. Trouble also comes spiritually, turning into natural troubles because of our disobedience. People may blame God for the troubles brought on by their own sinful dealings but that results nowhere. On the other hand, those who repent, and those who also fully trust God, wherever the trouble comes from, then they will get God's gift of peace to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews