Thursday, December 4, 2014

You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word

Genesis 41:40
You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you.”


Pharaoh had given the command that Joseph be ruler / administrator over all of Egypt. This follows Joseph's interpretation of Pharaoh's dream. The predictions had not occurred yet, but for reasons not stated, Pharaoh was totally convinced of Joseph's interpretation of the dream. The Egyptians are spiritual people in those times, and it could be that Pharaoh sensed the truth in Joseph's statements spiritually. From Joseph's point of view, his life of righteousness has finally been rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews