Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Plead my Cause Against an Ungodly Nation


This seems to be a continuation of the previous Psalm with the chorus starting as "Why are you cast down, O my soul?". Still remembering that God is his strength, the psalmist asks for God's deliverance from an ungodly nation and unjust men. The Light and the Truth of the LORD is also mentioned, which God uses to lead us out of trouble. We know this Light and the Truth as our Messiah Yeshua.


Psalm 43

Prayer to God in Time of Trouble

1 Vindicate me, O God,
And plead my cause against an ungodly nation;
Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!
2 For You are the God of my strength;
Why do You cast me off?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
3 Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!
Let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your tabernacle.
4 Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And on the harp I will praise You,
O God, my God.
5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews