Thursday, November 3, 2011

Voice of the LORD and Thanksgiving

David describes the majesty and glory of the LORD manifested in His Voice. God's Voice shows his power that can control the nature. His voice can be heard as thunder, and in the wilderness.

In the second Psalm, David reverts back to his personal pray and praise of God. He describes how God protected him against his enemies and he rejoices with singing of thanksgiving to the LORD. David also describes how he cannot stand to be apart from God, and how God turn his difficult times into times of joy, resulting in singing and thanksgiving to God.



Psalm 30

A Psalm. A Song at the dedication of the house of David.

 1 I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up,
         And have not let my foes rejoice over me.
 2 O LORD my God, I cried out to You,
         And You healed me.
 3 O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave;
         You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.[a]
       
 4 Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His,
         And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.[b]
 5 For His anger is but for a moment,
         His favor is for life;
         Weeping may endure for a night,
         But joy comes in the morning.
       
 6 Now in my prosperity I said,
         “I shall never be moved.”
 7 LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong;
         You hid Your face, and I was troubled.
       
 8 I cried out to You, O LORD;
         And to the LORD I made supplication:
 9 “What profit is there in my blood,
         When I go down to the pit?
         Will the dust praise You?
         Will it declare Your truth?
 10 Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me;
         LORD, be my helper!”
       
 11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
         You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
 12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
         O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.



Psalm 29

A Psalm of David.

 1 Give unto the LORD, O you mighty ones,
         Give unto the LORD glory and strength.
 2 Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name;
         Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
       
 3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
         The God of glory thunders;
         The LORD is over many waters.
 4 The voice of the LORD is powerful;
         The voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
       
 5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars,
         Yes, the LORD splinters the cedars of Lebanon.
 6 He makes them also skip like a calf,
         Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox.
 7 The voice of the LORD divides the flames of fire.
       
 8 The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness;
         The LORD shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh.
 9 The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth,
         And strips the forests bare;
         And in His temple everyone says, “Glory!”
       
 10 The LORD sat enthroned at the Flood,
         And the LORD sits as King forever.
 11 The LORD will give strength to His people;
         The LORD will bless His people with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews