Sunday, August 24, 2014

But I have called you friends

John 15:15
No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 

Our Lord Yshua calls us His friend. This is extraordinary to most people, even among the people of God, but it should not be too surprising for those who really know God. Back in the Old Testament days, we already see God making a few people his friends and they were not close to perfect people anyway. The two great examples are Abraham and Moses. As part of this friendship, the relationship would involve self-sacrifice. This also means obedience to God, on the people's part. One aspect of this obedience would be to seek out God's will in the various things in our lives and not just fulfilling our own desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews