Friday, January 17, 2014

I heard the voice of the Lord, saying

Isaiah 6:8
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”


There is another angle that can be written on this passage. That is to consider itself Him who makes the calling. God already knows who to call and what the assignment is. Yet he calls and let us response to it. He no doubt has plans from the beginning to end and He chooses to involve us at the right time.

The call also is not about our abilities and talents. However most of us are focused on abilities and talents and when we do something, we tend to use our own expertise to accomplish the task. On the other hand, God's call has the purpose also to bless the one being called. The calling can only succeed if the person surrenders to God' guidance, even though there is a definite calling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews