Friday, January 17, 2014

And who will go for Us?


Isaiah 6.8

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”


An interesting view of this verse is that God was not specifically asking Isaiah. No doubt God would have meant for Isaiah to hear His question. We can generalise that God is actually asking anyone and everyone about who is willing to go.

So our view now can be changed to one that opens our ears to God. God does not need to call us specifically all the time on all matters. He will not push us against our will to do His. There are some tasks which are for all believers, for all time, such as telling about the Kingdom.
However, we may still need to ask God and listen to Him. Using the same example, we are not all called to be evangelists; there are many ways in which we can spread the Good News about the Kingdom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews