Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christ will be magnified in my body



 Philippians 1:19-20
 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.

 Paul was talking about preaching the Gospel - not by a preacher only but by all of us, and by any motivation. We can do this by prayer and by the Holy Spirit. The preaching of Christ and the gospel is something that we should not be ashamed about. Instead we should deliberately set our will in doing this and to do it boldly, because the preaching of Christ is not something we would do by natural motivation. This glorifies God to others but it also is beneficial for our own growth as "Christ will be magnified in my body".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews