Saturday, January 18, 2014

But when it pleased God ....to reveal His Son in me ... I might preach Him

Galatians 1:15-16
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood.

Three things to note here is that i) it pleased God ii) to reveal Yshua to us iii) for us to preach His good news to the Gentiles. These three are in fact tied together.

Firstly it is pleasing to God that He has chosen us, not that we decide to choose Him. This is not due to any credit that we might have earned through our practice of goodness. It is His grace that He is pleased to choose us.

Secondly, the revelation of Yshua to us as our Lord, is the highpoint for us. The divine God, also being human, is the substance of our hope - this is object of our faith.

Thirdly, our Lord has a mission to reveal Himself to all the world. We who are followers are not only assigned this task, but it is something natural that we would want to share the Good News that our Lord brings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews