Sunday, March 9, 2014

It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me

Galatians 2:20
 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Believers in Yshuas need to realize that they are no longer their independent selves. After all, it is their conscious decision to declare that they give their lives to God when they say they believe in Yshua and will follow Him. So why is it that there are still the desire to please themselves and make their own plans.

Of course we know that it is human nature and the sinful part in us, while we still live on earth. However, this should not stop us from doing the right thing - that is to make the conscious effort to give ourselves to Christ. In addition to giving up the life of sin, it also means giving up our desires. In serving God, this also means giving up our own strategies and choose to listen and wait for God for how He wants to use us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews