Thursday, May 1, 2014

Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me

John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? (KJV)

Three disciples were with Jesus for about 3 years. Jesus had told them several times about His Divine nature and oneness with God. Yet none of them fully grasp this before the resurrection. Before we start criticising them, it is also useful for us to reflect on how well we actually know our Lord Yeshua. Some of us may have attended church for many years, or followed Him closely for many years. How well do we know what He is like, what He wants, what He dislikes and so on. Perhaps the more we know the real Him, the easier it is to follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews