Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you

John 16:26-27
In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; 27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.

In the days after His ascension, the Holy Spirit comes to live within the believers. Our Lord is saying that we can invoke His name, because of our close relationship with Him, and that He does not need to pray to the Father anymore, because He is with the Father. The Father will respond to His children, because of the relationship established between the Son and His children. In other words, we have direct communication with God the Creator, as a Father to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews