Friday, June 27, 2014

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected

Philippians 3:12
Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 

Paul started this verse recognizing the reality that we will never be perfect in this life, although we are in the process of sanctification. It is humbling and it is the reality, that God does not call on perfect people to do His work. God is using us the way we are and it is God who calls us for His work. Our own abilities may or may not be a factor, after all it is God who gives us all of our abilities. But we are never qualified in ourselves, for it is God who chooses any of us to do His work for His glory, not ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews